Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDo you dither over words like 'definitely?' Or agonise over 'i before e' (or is it 'agonize')? Written English can sometimes seem like a terrible jumble, but Who's Afraid of Spelling is here to make it all a little clearer. Packed full of helpful tips to master the trickiest of words and fascinating trivia on the history of the English language, this book is a handy guide to making your writing a little clearer. Read it and stop worrying! Who's afraid of...? is a series of information books covering aspects of English usage. The text is accessible and entertaining with accurate facts and advice. These are t old-fashioned prescriptive schoolbooks to make people feel inferior; they guide less confident writers through rules and conditions, highlighting common pitfalls that English language users often face. 'Pet peeve' symbols throughout the text highlight things worth avoiding simply because certain people take exception to them.
- Author BiographyA former newspaper journalist and BBC producer/presenter, David Arscott has for some years worked as a freelance author, broadcaster, publisher and editor. He has written over 30 books on Sussex and numerous titles in the A Very Peculiar History series. He is also the founder of The Sussex Book Club.
- Author(s)David Arscott
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleWho's Afraid of...?
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width107 mm
- Height175 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.