All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA highly accessible overview of the central themes of women's studies, suitable for introductory reading in undergraduate courses or for a more general audience's introduction to the meaning of feminism and its relevance as a progressive force in society. The authors tackle six broad topics that dominate the field and are key to understanding women's experiences and prospects: women's bodies, anger & desires, sexuality, internal backlash, feminist methods, & identity politics. The authors consider why there is a resistance to the development of American feminism and women's studies in the academy, with their continuing representation of marginalized, excluded, and silenced voices.
- Author BiographyMary Rogers is Professor of Sociology, University of West Florida and the author of six books, including Contemporary Feminist Theory: A Text/Reader and Barbie Culture. C. D. Garrett is an independent scholar who lives and works in Philadelphia.
- Author(s)C.D. Garrett,Mary F. Rogers
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication02/07/2002
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Notebibliog , index
- Weight304 g
- Width141 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $31.23Trending at AU $32.74
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.61
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $38.88
- AU $67.05Trending at AU $74.62
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.13
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.