Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $14.27
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $12.34Trending at AU $12.96
About this product
- DescriptionWho's Minding America? In today's world of expanding violence, corrupt governments, greedy industries, exploding terrorism and growing gun control issues, someone had better be asking the question. Enter internationally read, much loved, From Gents' Pens author D.A. Grady. Drawing upon his own military background, corporate insider kwledge, broadcasting expertise, and outdoorsman skills, D.A. spins a complex web of international intrigue, crooked politicians, misplaced loyalties, high tech espionage, and cutting edge weaponry that is all the more frightening because t only is it possible, it is probable. Within the covers of this, the first full-length vel in the John Hatch Tales series, the author skillfully unveils a twisted plot to set aside the Second Amendment and take over America. Following a horrific event he has witnessed live on national television, famed outdoorsman John Hatch reaches out to Citizens Against Guns leader, Gray Grayson. Both men soon realize that gun control is merely a symptom of a greater problem, as they join forces to save an America that is clearly floundering on the brink of destruction. A flick of a switch or a squeeze of a trigger can thwart all of their efforts as they travel the globe in a race against time, engaging with a variety of circumstances, forces, politics, and clandestine figures that hold both the country and the reader in their tightening grasp until the final pages of this first entry in the John Hatch saga. Can a small group of everyday citizens save America, indeed the world, as we kw it? You won't want to miss this one!
- Author BiographyD.A. Grady has spent much of his life in the west. Growing up, high school summers were spent chasing mustangs or wild horses, just outside of Reno, Nevada, where he and friends captured and broke them to ride, later selling them for school money. A veteran, old school cowboy, he is most at home in that world, including, hunting, fishing and spending time with his animals. After joining the U.S. Navy in 1962, he received a Presidential appointment to the Naval Academy, after which he rejoined the fleet and became part of America's space program. While stationed aboard the USS Lake Champlain, he worked in air traffic control and was a member of the team used to recover Gemini III and Gemini V space vehicles. Later, he joined the news staff of KSWO-TV in Lawton, Oklahoma, where he anchored the news desk for several years, during which he received the Salvation Army's National Service to Mankind Award for a documentary he produced on nearby Snyder, Oklahoma, after it was devastated by a tornado. In years to follow, D.A. entered U.S. Army civil service at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma, as a logistician working in emergency management, designing and operating a first of its kind emergency operations center that played a key role in Operation Desert Storm. During that time, he undertook the training of specialized dogs used in the detection of narcotics and explosives. He and his dog, King, were known nationwide for their efforts in detecting contraband in both military and federal law enforcement. Later, he transferred to Ft. McPherson, Georgia, to become the Chief of the Army's Away Team - a rapid response deployment unit, providing on-site management and reporting to the highest levels of the Pentagon. Recruited by Dell Computer, D.A. came to Austin, Texas, where he worked as operations manager for its federal division. Two years later he formed Solutions for Older Americans, LLC, a consulting firm, working exclusively with America's senior citizens in an effort to help them improve their quality of life. Mr. Grady lives in Cedar Park, Texas, with his wife, Emma. His sons, Ken and Carl, live in Houston and daughter Angela lives close by. He can be found at his website: www.bardsnest.com and also at his blogsite: http: //wp.me/p5Bnng-qS. You may follow him on Twitter as @dagsnotes.
- Author(s)D a Grady
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight894 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byAnnie Acorn
- Illustrator(s)Angel Nichols
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.