All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionLaurie Colwin once said: People who like to cook like to talk about food. Without one cook giving ather cook a tip or two, human life might have died out a long time ago. Too little attention is given over to these silent players responsible for influencing the recipes we enjoy the most and getting them on the table. This compilation finally addresses that injustice in an amusing and compelling 'who's who', which will appeal to all those foodies that like to kw from where (or rather whom) their food is coming.
- Author BiographyAfter Bedales, Cambridge and LAMDA, and a year finding out that he was neither a good nor a successful actor, Robert Booth spent 11 years teaching English as a foreign language in London, France and Italy. He then went into broadcasting, first with BBC Radio 4 and then at Classic FM. In the spring of 1996 he and his family moved to south-west France, where they lived for 7 years. He writes a regular food column for Sussex Living magazine. Apart from Who's on the Menu, Robert has also written Eating the Alphabet, Who's on the Bottle and Words of Food as part of his series of gastronomic gift books, also published by Bene Factum. Previously he wrote Always and Only Venice, a grand compilation of odds and ends, myths, legends, curiosities, facts, and strange and wonderful things about that most magical place. He now lives in Petworth, Sussex.
- Author(s)Robert Booth
- PublisherBene Factum Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBene Factum Publishing Ltd
- Weight372 g
- Width135 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.