Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionMuch of what is mandated and touted as cures for school improvement are t research-based and in many instances, are doing more harm than any perceived good. This book examines all aspects of the present public school reform movement and explores how capitalism and the market system does t and cant apply to public schools. Robert Brower contends that mandating a business model for education to force competition and change may destroy t only our system of education but also dismantle the intricate social, political, and ecomic successes we presently enjoy. In this book, the author gives research-based and practical advice on how to right the ship of educational reform by making bold recommendations for where public education must go to ensure this country's continued leader in the free world. Includes sections on: * Standardized testing * Capitalism * Change * Labeling * Prescriptions for immediate action This book will be of interest to all educators, parents, lay people, and business leaders.
- Author BiographyRobert Brower is superintendent of schools for the North Montgomery Community School Corporation in Indiana. He is a nationally recognized speaker and author on numerous educational issues.
- Author(s)Robert E. Brower
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication07/03/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.