All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionIreland is on the cusp of what has become kwn as the 'Decade of Centenaries'. In this unique book, we gain an insight into three of these centenaries - the signing of the Ulster Covenant, the Easter Rising and the Battle of the Somme - from across the spectrum of political allegiances and perspectives. Including interviews with An Taoiseach Enda Kenny, Fr Brian D'Arcy, Niall O'Dowd and Roddy Doyle amongst many others, this collection of discussions touches upon the ethereal nature of our history, and the constantly shifting sands upon which we build our shared past. But what emerges as a consistent theme throughout these conversations is the degree of understanding that can be offered for our future in reflecting on how these events continue to shape our reality.
- Author BiographyJude Collins is an author, broadcaster, and political commentator. His previous book with The History Press Ireland, Tales out of School, was a similar series of interviews with notable Northern Irish figures including Nobel Prize-winner John Hume. For this book he has been granted access to a wide variety of senior political and artistic figures who have spoken candidly and insightfully about their own take on the nature and significance of these major Irish historical events.
- Author(s)Jude Collins
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.