All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
About this product
- DescriptionThe successes of America's public schools are unrivaled throughout the globe providing an opportunity for every American to graduate from high school. Graduation rates have soared, test scores are better than at anytime, and immigrants and African Americans are reaching new successes. The percentage of graduating high school students including mirities attending college is at an all time high. Despite all these successes, the media, politicians, and big business attack public schools and their teachers with inaccuracies that threaten the equal opportunities provided by public education. Big business moguls seem determined to dismantle public schools in the name of a market driven system of educating children via vouchers and charter schools. No Child Left Behind contributes to this business-model and penalizes children and teachers with unrealistic expectations and expensive unnecessary testing. Research indicates that NCLB, charter schools, and vouchers do t improve students' learning or help educators teach better. The facts presented herein are evidence of public school successes and provide reasons to hor public school educators and support public schools across America.
- Author BiographyDave F. Brown, Ed. D. is an educational researcher, consultant, and professor in the College of Education at West Chester University in Pennsylvania. He taught in public schools for 13 years from 4th through 8th grade in the Midwest and Virginia, and is the co-author of What Every Middle School Teacher Should Know and author of Becoming A Successful Urban Teacher.
- Author(s)Dave F. Brown
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight567 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.