All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Kevin Rodgers embarked on his career in finance, dealing rooms were filled with clamouring traders and gesticulating salesmen. Nearly three decades later, the feverish bustle has gone and the loudest ise you're likely to hear is the gentle tapping of keyboards. Why Aren't They Shouting? is a very personal, often wryly amusing chronicle of this silent revolution that takes us from the days of phone calls, hand signals and alpha males to a world of microwave communications, complex derivatives and computer geeks. In addition, it's a masterclass in how modern banking works, for those who don't kw their spot FX from their VaR or who struggle to recall precisely how Monte Carlo pricing operates. But it's also an account of thirty years of seismic change that raises a deeply worrying question: Could it be that the techlogy that has transformed banking - and that continues to do so - is actually making it ever more unstable?
- Author BiographyKevin Rodgers started his career as a trader with Merrill Lynch before joining another American bank, Bankers Trust. From there he went on to work as a managing director of Deutsche Bank for 15 years and latterly as global head of foreign exchange.
- Author(s)Kevin Rodgers
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRandom House Business Books
- Content NoteNo
- Weight422 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.