Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.19Trending at AU $16.34
About this product
- DescriptionWhen 14-year-old Leonard decides to quit being a dweeb and instead joins the Buruts, his 'good boy' persona is abandoned as he embarks on a comically painful journey of self-discovery through his unconventional friendship with Rick, an older Jesus-freak barefoot hippie. The farcical parallel story of how Irving Mandelbaum from Los Angeles transmogrifies into rag-tag cult leader Rick of The Forever Family paints an indelible portrait of California during one of its most preposterous eras.
- Author BiographyAlvin Orloff, a California native, began writing as a teenager in the 1970s, a decade from which he has never fully recovered. He is the author of I Married An Earthling (Manic D), a genre and gender-bending sci-fi send up, and Gutter Boys (Manic D), a novel of decadent romance with ghosts. Orloff is also the co-author of The Unsinkable Bambi Lake, a transsexual showbiz memoir, and his short work has appeared in Pills, Chills, Thrills, and Heartache (Alyson) as well as the journal, Instant City. He holds an MFA in Creative Writing from San Francisco State University.
- Author(s)Alvin Orloff
- PublisherManic D Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/01/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintManic D Press,U.S.
- Weight240 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.