All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are w thousands of students completing Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy and other mindfulness programmes around the world. However, on completion many will struggle to continue or will stop, with the intention of starting again in the future. Why Can't I Meditate? addresses this problem. It combines accounts by new meditators of their struggles, and successes, with insights from a wide variety of the most accomplished teachers, representing every school of mindfulness teaching. It identifies, investigates and offers many practical solutions to get our mindfulness unstuck and firmly establish a regular practice. This is a book for anyone who has sat on their meditation seat or cushion and wondered whether they should go on. Contributors include: Stephen Batchelor, Rebecca Crane, Christina Feldman, Geshe Tashi Tsering, Choji Lama Rabsang, Willem Kuyken, Tsoknyi Rinpoche, Franklin Sills, Philippa Vick and Martin Wells.
- Author BiographyNigel Wellings is a psychoanalytic psychotherapist who works within a contemplative perspective. Initially training with the Association for Group and Individual Psychotherapy (AGIP) he later became a member of the Association for Independent Psychotherapists (AIP) and has also served as Director of Training at the Centre for Transpersonal Psychology. He is a founder member of the Forum for Contemplative Studies and a facilitator on the Bath and Bristol Mindfulness Courses. He is the author, with Elizabeth Wilde-McCormick, of several books, including Nothing to Lose: Psychotherapy, Buddhism and Living Life.
- Author(s)Nigel Wellings
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Weight460 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.00
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.