Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe Western Tradition is that humans are partially spiritual beings with an immortal destiny. This tradition is under heavy attack, most of all perhaps from neuroscience. According to Richard Watson, biographer of Descartes, the future looks like this: When humankind finally faces the fact that the mind is the brain, that there is independently existing mental soul to survive the death of the body, that ne of us chirpy sparrows is immortal . . ., then there will be a revolution in human thought the like of which ne has gone before. Th at prediction is based on contemporary materialism, according to which the only scientific account of human origins is Darwin's evolutionist account. That is a double error, based on pre-scientific naive realism, a view Einstein called a plebeian illusion, and based on a pre-scientific, naive-realist answer to the question, What is a human being. Why Control Your Imagination? is a methodical dissection of those two errors, followed by a scientific presentation of the Tradition's truths.
- Author(s)Frederick Bauer
- Date of Publication18/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight712 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.