All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJohnny is different. He is never exactly on time, he can't seem to stick to a routine and he often speaks in cryptic idioms. Johnny is neurotypical, but that's OK. A picture book with a difference, Why Johnny Doesn't Flap turns the tables on common depictions of neurological difference by drolly revealing how people who are t on the autistic spectrum are perceived by those who are. The autistic narrator's bafflement at his neurotypical friend's quirks shows that 'rmal' is simply a matter of perspective.
- Author BiographyClay Morton is Associate Professor of English and Director of the Honors Program at Middle Georgia State University. Gail Morton (MLIS) is a Public Services Librarian at Mercer University. Clay and Gail research issues of neurodiversity, particularly in relation to higher education. They are parents to a child with autism and are both advocates for the neurodiversity movement.
- Author(s)Clay Morton,Gail Morton
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/10/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note28 pages of ink and watercolour illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Alex Merry
- Interest AgeFrom 4
Most relevant reviews
- mrs-torana02 Feb, 2017by
Love love love this book.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $20.84Trending at AU $22.88
- AU $24.95Trending at AU $27.92
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.60
- AU $7.66Trending at AU $11.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.99
- AU $9.41Trending at AU $13.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.