All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the horrific aftermath of school shootings, distraught communities struggle to make sense of these seemingly senseless acts. Despite massive media coverage, we kw little about what drives young perpetrators or how they rationalize their acts. In this breakthrough analysis, Dr. Peter Langman presents the psychological causes of school shootings and offers unprecedented insight into why certain teens exhibit the potential to kill. He shows how to identify early signs of possible violence and offers preventative measures that parents and educators can take to protect their communities.
- Author BiographyPeter Langman is the clinical director of psychology at KidsPeace (www.kidspeace.org), an organization that helps kids overcome emotional crisis. Winner of the Pennsylvania Psychological Association's 2008 Psychology in the Media Award, he has over 20 years of experience treating at risk youth, specializing in kids with homicidal tendencies. He has appeared on CBS, BBS, CBC, and FOX's The Strategy Room. He lives in Allentown, PA.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2009.
- Author(s)Peter F. Langman
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/08/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2009
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note0
- Weight300 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.16Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.