All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.35
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.94Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis book exposes the hidden and other causes of mass unemployment. You will t only be appalled at kwing the causes but also dismayed by the many outrageous consequences.
- Author BiographyJack Stone was born and raised in the Far East. As a teenager, during the Second World War, he was interned for three and half years in a Japanese internment camp outside Shanghai for British and American civilians. After graduating from the Shanghai British School he worked as a reporter for Shanghai's North China Daily News. The only part of that job he remembers was his scoop of the surrender, without battle, of General Foo Tso Yee and the Nationalist's most formidable fighting force to the Communist army. That surrender was the turning point of China's civil war. In Israel, to which he emigrated in 1949, he attended Jerusalem's Hebrew University where for five years his intense curiosity gained him a solid foundation in the social sciences. He also gained some insight into the adverse consequences of prolonged unemployment through personal experience. Later, he founded and edited Viewpoint, an English language newsletter funded by Israel's League for Civil and Human Rights. In the U.S. where he has resided since 1975, he worked as the Associate Editor of Israel Horizons and later as the news correspondent for two overseas weekly publications. He started work on this book eight years ago.
- Author(s)Jack Stone,Joe McCraw
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication27/06/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.