All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe experience of victimization often leaves a child or young person frightened, lacking in confidence, or emotionally vulnerable and they can turn to crime in response to being a victim. Coming to terms with what happened and understanding their feelings and reactions is therefore vital to a full recovery. Why Me? is a programme designed to help children and young people recover from the experience of victimization, through use of exercises, activities and a DVD. These explore the young person's feelings both when they were victimized and afterwards, their needs, their personal strengths and encourage them to think about their support network. Activities include drawing, making graphs, writing letters, and thinking about how the children feel about what happened and their recovery. The book also includes guidance for adults working with young people and case examples that demonstrate how best to use the programme. The DVD contains real-life stories of young people who have been victimized and supports the exercises in the book. Why Me? is an essential resource for any adult who may encounter a child or young person who has been victimized, including social workers, youth workers, teachers, police, education welfare officers and victim support and witness service workers.
- Author BiographyShellie Keen is Project Manager of the Oxfordshire Young Victims of Crime Project, UK. Tracey Lott is Volunteer Manager for Victim Support in Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire. Pete Wallis is Senior Practitioner (Restorative Justice) for Oxfordshire Youth Offending Service, UK. He is author of Are You Okay: A Practical Guide to Helping Young Victims of Crime, published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Author(s)Pete Wallis,Shellie Keen,Tracey Lott
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight344 g
- Width210 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.