Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionWHY POLITICS MATTERS: AN INTRODUCTION TO POLITICAL SCIENCE, International Edition is a full-color, accessible introduction to Political Science. Organized evenly around the major divisions within Political Science: Theory, American Government, Comparative Politics, and International Relations, WHY POLITICS MATTERS, International Edition follows a foundational approach to learning and gives students a big picture of the field. The authors approach the subject through a theme of theory and practice and emphasize why politics matters to the reader through current, global examples, encouraging critical thinking, discussion, and participation throughout the text.
- Author BiographyJoseph N. Patten is the Chair of the Department of Political Science and Sociology at Monmouth University in West Long Branch, New Jersey. He came to Monmouth University in 2002 after serving as an Associate Professor of Political Science at Buena Vista University in Storm Lake, Iowa, where he received the Faculty Member of the Year Award in 2002 and 1998. Since earning his Ph.D. in Political Science from West Virginia University in 1996, he has taught courses in American Government, American Congress, American Presidency, Ancient and Modern Political Theory, Civil Liberties, Policy Analysis, among other courses, at both the undergraduate and graduate level. In 2009 he received the Distinguished Teaching Award at Monmouth University. Dr. Patten also serves as the adviser to Monmouth University's Policy Debate Team. His primary research interests include the United States Congress and American Politics, and he has published articles in these areas. Kevin L. Dooley is Dean of the Honors School and Associate Professor of Political Science at Monmouth University in West Long Branch, New Jersey. He received his Ph.D. from Rutgers University in 2004. Since joining the faculty at Monmouth University in 2003, Dr. Dooley has taught courses in Comparative Politics, Ethics in International Relations, American Foreign Policy, and Early and Modern Political Theory. His primary research interests include globalization, nationalism, and terrorism. He has published numerous articles and one book on the topic entitled POLITICS STILL MATTERS: GLOBALIZATION, GOVERNANCE, AND THE REVIVAL OF REGIONAL MINORITIES (2008). He lives in Brick, New Jersey with his wife Lauren, and their two children, Jack and Megan.
- Author(s)Joseph Patten,Kevin Dooley
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight842 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
- Edition StatementInternational edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.