All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book's amalgamation of theory and practice is translated into ten lessons learned from attempts to reform and improve public education to date. It provides the perspective of a practitioner as to how and why the unintended consequences of well-intentioned people have hindered, rather than helped, to reform and improve our schools. It calls for us to pause, take a deep breath, and learn from the experiences of the past before launching the latest reform de jour in a frenzied quest to find a silver bullet or quick fix to the many, varied and complex issues that are enmeshed in education reform. More importantly, it presents a roadmap and recommendations for steps that need to be taken to reform school reform so that we can realize meaningful and sustainable improvements in student achievement.
- Author BiographyJerry Wartgow has over forty years of experience working in the trenches at all levels of education, including nearly thirty years as the president/chief executive officer of large, complex educational institutions and organizations. Most recently (2001-2005), he served as superintendent of Denver Public Schools. He is the founding president and president emeritus of the Colorado Community College System.
- Author(s)Jerry Wartgow
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication11/12/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight340 g
- Width158 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.