Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionWith conviction and clarity, prize-winning scientist and bestselling author James Trefil explains why every U.S. citizen needs to be scientifically literate and, therefore, why our schools must teach the fundamental principles of scientific literacy to every student. And he lays out those principles straightforwardly, so that educators - and everyone who is interested in education - can understand exactly what they are.Trefil kws that initiating a national scientific literacy program won't be easy, but he convincingly argues that it is essential to our national future. After reading this book, you will agree that, whatever the cost of teaching scientific literacy, we simply can't afford t to heed his advice.In this enjoyable read, a well-kwn critic of the status quo in science education: describes the woeful state of science kwledge today; explains why today's science education is insufficient for tomorrow's needs; tackles the key topics of scientific literacy and explains how to teach them; confronts headline issues, including stem cell research, global warming, cloning, and intelligent design ; shows why science education is essential to an informed citizenry and how scientific literacy is achievable; and, suggests a middle way between the two prevailing approaches to science education: deep and narrow vs. broad but shallow.
- Author(s)James S. Trefil
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content Notefigures
- Weight318 g
- Width161 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.