All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMike Klingenberg doesn't get why people think he's boring. Sure, he doesn't have many friends. (Okay, zero friends.) And everyone laughs at him when he reads his essays out loud in class. And he's never invited to parties - including the gorgeous Tatiana's party of the year. Andre Tschichatschow, aka Tschick (t even the teachers can prounce his name), is new in school, and a whole different kind of unpopular. He always looks like he's just been in a fight, his clothes are tragic, and he never talks to anyone. But one day Tschick shows up at Mike's house out of the blue. Turns out he wasn't invited to Tatiana's party either, and he's ready to do something about it. Forget the popular kids: Together, Mike and Tschick are heading out on a road trip. No parents, map, destination. Will they get hopelessly lost in the middle of where? Probably. Will they meet crazy people and get into serious trouble? Definitely. But will they ever be called boring again? Not a chance.
- Author BiographyWolfgang Herrndorf (1965-2013) was born in Hamburg, Germany, and studied painting before turning to writing later in his career. He wrote several award-winning novels for adults, and WHY WE TOOK THE CAR was the receipient of the German Youth Literature Award.
- Author(s)Wolfgang Herrndorf
- PublisherArthur A. Levine Books
- Date of Publication07/01/2014
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArthur A. Levine Books
- Weight363 g
- Width145 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Translated byTim Mohr
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $26.80Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $56.34Trending at AU $60.28
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $35.11Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.