All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.12Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.42Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis resource shows teachers how to introduce inquiry incrementally, systematically, and successfully within preschool and primary classrooms, deepening and extending children's natural curiosity. Why Are School Buses Always Yellow?: Teaching for Inquiry, PreK-3 demonstrates how to assist children creatively and strategically in their quests for answers and how to develop the inquiry process in young minds. Practitioners will discover how to use inquiry as a technique for teaching mandated content in a way that makes learning relevant, rigorous, and durable for students. Using examples from real classrooms, the book shows teachers how to connect inquiry to required content while still moving students toward more control of their own learning. Teachers can help even the youngest students to reform their initial playful, tangential, or shallow questions to deeper questions about content. As teachers develop inquiry-based units that incorporate students' queries and challenge them to become good questioners early in their educational experience, learners will develop thinking skills that will serve them throughout school.
- Author BiographyLearn more about John Barell's PD offerings John Barell is Professor Emeritus of Curriculum and Teaching at Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ, and former public school teacher in New York City. For the past several years he has been a consultant for inquiry-based instruction and creation of science/social studies networks at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. For most of his educational career he has worked with schools nationally to foster inquiry, problem-based learning, critical thinking, and reflection. Barell is the author of several books, including Teaching for Thoughtfulness: Strategies to Enhance Intellectual Development (1995, 2nd ed.) and Developing More Curious Minds (2003).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/02/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Out-of-print date15/12/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight502 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJohn F. Barell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.