All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this darkly comical look at the sinister side of our relationship with the natural world, Stewart has tracked down over one hundred of our worst entomological foes-creatures that infest, infect, and generally wreak havoc on human affairs. From the world's most painful hornet, to the flies that transmit deadly diseases, to millipedes that stop traffic, to the bookwormsA that devour libraries, to the Japanese beetles munching on your roses, Wicked Bugs delves into the extraordinary powers of six- and eight-legged creatures. Intricate and strangely beautiful etchings and drawings by Briony Morrow-Cribbs capture diabolical bugs of all shapes and sizes in this mixture of history, science, murder, and intrigue that begins-but doesn't end-in your own backyard.
- Author BiographyAmy Stewart is the bestselling author of five books on the perils and pleasures of the natural world. Her essays and commentaries have appeared in the New York Times and many other publications. She lives in Eureka, California, where she and her husband own an antiquarian bookstore.
- Author(s)Amy Stewart
- PublisherTimber Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimber Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width140 mm
- Height178 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.