Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe name <i>Wickedictionary</i> is intended to be a satirical play on the word <i>Wiktionary</i>. This is a collection of definitions of words as in a dictionary, except the definitions are perverse in the style of Ambrose Bierce's the <i>Devil's Dictionary.</i> This is t a book of quotations, although the definitions are quotable. The idea is to modernize Ambrose Bierce, coming up with a more contemporary and cutting-edge collection of definitions. This is intended to be comical, there are sides, and thing is sacred here. Basically any definition that has a surprise twist qualifies for entry, whether it happens to be cynical or t. The idea is we don't have to necessarily agree with these definitions, but to merely enjoy them for making us think. As Aristotle once said, It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- Author BiographyDerek Abbott was born in South Kensington, London, UK, and is a well-known scientist and academic. He regularly lectures in the USA, UK, and Australia. He has previously lived in the USA and UK. He currently lives in Adelaide, Australia, and is married.
- Author(s)Dr Derek Abbott
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDictionaries (single language)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.