All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA major influence on Poe and Hawthorne, this spellbinding tale of seduction, insanity, and murder represents one of America's earliest vels. Based on the true story of a religious fanatic who slaughtered his family, this proto-Gothic vel unfolds in rural Pennsylvania of the 1760s and offers compelling reflections of the era's social and political anxieties.
- Author BiographyBorn in Philadelphia and raised in a Quaker family, Charles Brockden Brown (1771-1810) wrote short stories, essays, poetry, reviews, and historical surveys. The most ambitious, prolific, and accomplished of America's early novelists, Brown is also the most frequently studied and published.
- Author(s)Charles Brockden Brown
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication27/08/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight249 g
- Width136 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.63
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.93
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.16
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.47
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.68
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.