All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWild Art is an incredibly vivid, colourful and current collection of over 300 extraordinary artworks that are too offbeat, outrageous, kitsch, quirky or funky to 'make it' in the formal art world of galleries and museums. From pimped cars and graffiti to extreme body art, ice sculpture, flash mobs, burlesque acts, portraits made from bottle tops, paintings made by animals, light shows, carnivals and giant artworks that can only truly be appreciated from the air, this book has it all. The works featured here are variously moving, funny or shocking, celebrating the beauty and art in anything and everything. Authors David Carrier and Joachim Pissarro have studied alternative and underground art forms and cultures for years and have compiled the ultimate collection of creative works to challenge and engage every reader's perception of what is and isn't art.
- Author BiographyMartin Parr is an affordable, pocket-sized monograph spanning the influential photographer's entire career, from his early black and white photographs to works from his major projects, including The Last Resort and Think of England. It features an introductory essay by Sandra S. Phillips, Senior Curator of Photography at SFMOMA.
- Author(s)David Carrier,Joachim Pissarro
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication14/10/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note350
- Weight2073 g
- Width180 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine45 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.