All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis full-colour guide is designed to make wildflower identification as easy as possible for the walker or rambler. The flowers are categorised in eight sections, according to the one or more habitats in which they are found: * seashore & coastal * fresh water * heaths & moors * marshes, fens &?bogs * arable and waste land * grassland & meadows * gardens, paths &?walls * woodland & hedgerows. Each habitat section has a set of introductory photographs for easy identification, and larger photos alongside essential information which includes * the botanical name * month of flowering, and * particular characteristics of the species. The 860 colour plates cover a total of 250 species.
- Author BiographyTracy Dickinson is a graduate in Environmental Science and Planning from Oxford Brookes University, and a leader for the British Trust for Conservation Volunteers on Natural Conservation Breaks. Her interest in flowers developed from the frustration of not being able to identify them quickly and easily from the reference books she used at university. Andrew Gagg has been a wildlife photographer for many years, and runs his own picture library specialising in European wild plant photos.
- Author(s)Tracy Dickinson
- PublisherGreen Books
- Date of Publication01/01/1990
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationTotnes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreen Books
- Content Note860 colour plates
- Width115 mm
- Height180 mm
- Photographs byAndrew Gagg
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.