CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.83
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionWild horses have roamed the shores of Assateague Island for centuries. As their population increases, however, they risk damaging the delicate area's ecosystem and being taken off the island. Dr. Ron Keiper and Dr. Jay Kirkpatrick have each made these wild horses their lives' work. Descriptive prose, solid science, and never-before-seen images of the reclusive Assateague herds reveal their fierce and untamed beauty.
- Author BiographyKay Frydenborg fell in love with horses at an early age, and now she often writes about them. She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and three dogs, and rides her beloved horse, Remy, almost every day. She is the author of Animal Therapist (Chelsea House, 2006), and They Dreamed of Horses (Walker & Co., 1994). The Wild Horse Scientists is her first book for Houghton Mifflin.
- Author(s)Kay Frydenborg
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Weight567 g
- Width277 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.