Wild Women Throw a Party: 110 Original Recipes and Amazing Menus for Birthday Bashes, Power Showers, Poker Soirees and Celebrations Galore by Lynette Shirk (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $24.56Trending at AU $25.10
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionMove over, Martha! No one kws how to party like a Wild Woman. She can bring home the bacon, fry it up, and entertain you all at the same time. Part how-to, part history, and 100 percent hilarious, Wild Women Throw a Party is the gift book of the season. Master chef and co-author of the wildly popular Wild Women in the Kitchen, Lynette Shirk has stirred up a best-selling batch of stories, anecdotes, historical facts, recipes, and favorite foods inspired by well-kwn Wild Women--from Dorothy Parker to Sarah Jessica Parker--and you are invited to a celebration of famed femmes and recipes for fun based on their stories. Let's party like it's 1929 with Jazz-Age babe Zelda Fitzgerald! Highlights include Dorothy Parker's Cocktail Party, Silver Screen Queens' Oscar Night, Joan Crawford's Mother's Day Mommy Dearest Breakfast, and Mary Pickford's Picnic at Pickfair. And thing beats Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. But you might want to try the Better Than a Spaghetti Western Pasta Pajama Party, in homage to Sophia Loren. Who knew that dangerous debutante Peggy Guggenheim, famous for her arty party salons, was also a gifted gourmet? Or that when Elear Roosevelt wasn't serving at soup kitchens, she was throwing and attending the most elegant do's around. From Dollywood to Hollywood, these dazzling dames and sassy sauciers kw how to sling spaghetti, toss any salad, and dish up the desserts. * Features 15 black-and-white photos of famous Wild Women and a fun, colorful design. * 110 original recipes by a master chef and bonafide Wild Woman.
- Author BiographyOhio native Lynette Shirk comes from a long line of Wild Women. A pastry chef and co-author of Wild Women in the Kitchen, she has a BA in Classics from the Ohio State University and Professional Chef training from the California Culinary Academy. She worked in the San Francisco Bay Area kitchens of Chez Panisse, Postrio, Masa's, Bizou, Stars, Williams-Sonoma, and the James Beard House in New York before launching Volcano Candy to promote her unique Java Lava coffee-bean brittle. Lynette currently lives in Dallas, Texas.
- Author(s)Lynette Shirk
- PublisherConari Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication23/04/2007
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintConari Press,U.S.
- Content Noteb&w
- Weight308 g
- Width178 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.