All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2010, Sarah Marquis embarked on a perilous journey: alone and on foot, she walked ten thousand miles across the Gobi Desert, from Siberia, through Thailand, to the Australian outback. Relying on hunting and her own wits, she traversed fever-haunted jungles and scorching deserts, braved harassment from drug dealers, the Mafia, and camp raids from thieves on horseback. Surviving dehydration, dengue fever delirium and crippling infection, Sarah experienced a raw and spiritual communion after three years of walking at the base of a tree in the plains of Australia. Through an inspirational journey, Wild by Nature explores what it is to adventure as a woman in the most dangerous of circumstances, and what it is to be truly alone in the wild.
- Author BiographyBorn in Switzerland, Sarah Marquis has travelled the world alone and on foot for twenty-three years, crossing the United States, Australia and South America. She has given more than three hundred talks in French and English, including talks for TED and the Geographical Society. In 2014, she was named one of National Geographic's Adventurers of the Year.
- Author(s)Sarah Marquis
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Content Note1 x 16pp colour photos
- Weight482 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.