Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionLike a seasoned outfitter for hire (at a fraction of the cost), Ragged Mountain Pocket Guides give beginners the straightforward, reassuring advice they need for a successful first foray in the field. In a medical emergency, thing is more reassuring than clear, professional advice. Paul Gill, a member of the Wilderness Medical Society and a longtime columnist for Outdoor Life magazine, offers clear explanations to a broad range of problems, followed by step-by-step instructions and details on the latest treatment strategies for all types of common outdoor injuries. Because he understands the dynamics of outdoor injuries, Gill writes simply and directly in terms a layperson can understand. Practical, packable, and positive, Wilderness First Aid covers more than 100 common injuries, easily identified by symptom. Wilderness First Aid offers proven advice from a board-certified emergency medicine specialist. No other portable book is as thorough. As with other titles in the Ragged Mountain Pocket Guide series, Wilderness First Aid is designed to fit easily in backpack or pocket, and it presents information so readers can find it quickly. With a weather-resistant cover, it is a natural purchase for anyone who hikes, backpacks, kayaks or otherwise spends time outside.
- Author BiographyPaul G. Gill, Jr., M.D. is a board-certified emergency medicine specialist and a member of the Wilderness Medical Society. His outdoor medicine column appeared for many years in Outdoor Life. Gill is author of The Onboard Medical Handbook: First Aid and Emergency Medicine Afloat.
- Author(s)Paul G. Gill
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleRagged Mountain Press Pocket Guide S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTAB Books Inc
- Out-of-print date05/04/2008
- Content Note1
- Weight185 g
- Width203 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.