All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionFor over one hundred years, Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray has charmed readers and critics alike. Critics have found many sources for the vel's themes and motifs; however, ne have explored the rich depths of the author's native Irish mythology and folklore. This study explores the plot, setting, characters and themes as well as the supernatural source for Dorian's change using sources from Irish Celtic folklore. This focus casts new light on Wilde's vel and opens possibilities for further studies.
- Author BiographyThe Author: David Upchurch is an assistant professor in the English Department at Ball State University. He received his B.A. from DePauw University and his Ph.D. from Ball State. His article Dorian Gray appeared in Reference Guide to English Literature.
- Author(s)David A Upchurch
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1993
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 4: English Language and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number140
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight330 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.