All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany recreational hikers have stopped along the trail to admire a wild-flower only to wonder what, exactly, they are seeing. This is a useful field guide that makes flower identification easy for the general outdoor enthusiast. Covering New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Nevada and Oregon, this book is perfect for the enthusiasts who has little botanical kwledge but would like to kw more about the wild-flowers they are seeing. Organised by flower colour for easy reference, plant records include the common and scientific names, a description of typical characteristics, habitat information and distribution maps, look-alike species, colour photographs, and informative commentary. In addition, the book provides a useful introduction to the Mountain West region, along with line drawings to illustrate basic flower parts, shapes, and arrangements; a glossary of common botanical terms; a quick search key; and an index. An ideal companion for hiking, backpacking, or biking, it includes stunning full colour photographs that help make visual confirmation of flower type simple and straightforward.
- Author BiographyRichard M. Anderson is the Utah State University Botanical Center's nursery and greenhouse manager and oversees the plant introduction program. He resides in Malad, Idaho with his wife and three children. He is a history lover and thoroughly enjoys spending time scouring the mountain terrain in search of the next botanical beauty. JayDee Gunnell is a Horticulture Associate Professor for Utah State University Extension in Salt Lake County, Utah. He also oversees the arboretum development at the Utah State University Botanical Center. He resides in Layton, Utah with his wife and four children. He enjoys any activity that finds him out of doors. Jerry L. Goodspeed is a Horticulture Associate Professor for Utah State University Extension in Weber County, Utah, and co-directs two university-funded botanical gardens. He and his wife reside in Kaysville and are the proud parents of 6 children and 2 grandchildren. He is also known for his dry wit and humor that he finds in just about any situation.
- Author(s)JayDee Gunnell,Jerry L. Goodspeed,Richard M Anderson
- PublisherUtah State University Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLogan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUtah State University Press
- Content Notecolour photos
- Weight548 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.