All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Victorian era is significant for the rise of the middle classes and marked changes in social relationships, both in the home and in wider society, with the proliferation of domestic help and the development of increasingly rigid gender roles. These are romances that chafe against the restrictions of the period, with heroes and heroines who defy social convention, igniting firestorms of gossip. The aristocrats, impostors, social climbers, domestic workers and undercover agents of these stories exist in an authentically lush world, depicted here with telling attention to detail. While most of the stories are strongly realistic, some incorporate elements of fantasy.
- Author BiographyEkaterina Sedia is a Russian-born fantasy author who is currently living in the United States.Her most recent work is The Alchemy of Stone, a steampunk novel that explores sexism and class bigotry. Alchemy received a star review from Publishers Weekly and was made the LA Times's 2008 Summer Reading List. Her other books include The Secret History of Moscow, According to Crow; and The House of Discarded Dreams. In addition to writing she was the editor of the World Fantasy Award-winning Paper Cities: An Anthology of Urban Fantasy.
- Author(s)Ekaterina Sedia
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication07/06/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleMammoth Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight338 g
- Width139 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $30.04
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $72.23
- AU $23.83Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.74
- AU $45.85Trending at AU $54.15
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.32
- AU $36.08Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.