All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- Description'Bloody obvious isn't it: tell the defenders to route one out to Drogba'. 'That's what they've been doing all night and look where it's got them'. 'The final ball has just t been weighted eugh; in any case, his touch is too heavy'. 'GBP120,000 a week and look how little they put themselves about'. 'Players today are mercenaries: in my day they lived and died for their local team. It was a way of life: w it's just a cheque at the end of the month'. blah, blah, blah...Every weekend in pubs and living-rooms all over the country, women and (mainly) men discuss the day's games and how they could have done better than the cretius manager. Few people think they can fix their leaking sink better than a plumber or defend their dodgy cousin better than a barrister and yet every Tom, Dick and Harriett is convinced that they can do a better job than their team's manager. Why is this? In Will You Manage? , Musa Okwonga breaks down the job of football management into its different components and shows exactly what skills the great managers have. He interviews big and little cheeses on the football scene and provides essential tips for Fantasy Football success. As a new season gets underway and managerial heads begin to roll, the reader of Will You Manage? will deservedly have a kwing/sickening smirk on his face.
- Author BiographyMusa Okwonga is an Oxford University graduate who since then has practised both law and football, with the emphasis on the latter. He won the Junior Bridport Prize for fiction in 1994, for poetry in 1995, and the WH Smith Young Writers competition a year later. He lives in South London.
- Author(s)Musa Okwonga
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication12/08/2010
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSerpent's Tail
- Weight318 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.