All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionCommissioned in 1824 - just three years before his death - Blake's sublime watercolors are t only peerless interpretations of Dante's vision of Hell, Purgatory, and Heaven, they are dramatic expressions of the great artist's integrity and imagination. Some apocalyptic, others angelic, the 102 plates range from completely finished pieces to rough sketches.
- Author BiographyPainter, printer, and poet, William Blake (1757-1827) was a master at expressing great literature through his art. Perhaps the finest engraver in English history, Blake's illuminated books - filled with sketches and watercolors that boggle the mind with their beauty and detail - are as sought after today as they were over a hundred years ago.
- Author(s)William Blake
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication31/10/2008
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleDover Fine Art, History of Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width266 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.