All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam III (1689-1702) & Mary II (1689-94) (Britain's only ever 'joint monarchs') changed the course of the entire country's history, coming to power through a coup (which involved Mary betraying her own father), reestablishing parliament on a new footing and, through commiting Britain to fighting France, initiating an immensely long period of warfare and colonial expansion. Jonathan Keates' wonderful book makes both monarchs vivid, the cold, shrewd 'Dutch' William and the shortlived Mary, whose life and death inspired Purcell to write some of his greatest music.
- Author BiographyJonathan Keates books include biographies of Handel and Purcell and The Siege of Venice. He taught for nearly 40 years at the City of London School and is currently Chairman of the Venice in Peril Fund.
- Author(s)Jonathan Keates
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitlePenguin Monarchs
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllen Lane
- Weight195 g
- Width129 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.27Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.