All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSumptuously illustrated with 66 full color and 6 black-and-white illustrations including paintings, drawings and lithographs from both public and private collections, this publication accompanies Ben Uri's first major exhibition on Sir William Rothenstein (1872 1945) and his circle. Spanning six decades of British art, it explores Rothenstein's career and influence within the context of his (mostly younger) contemporaries including Barnett Freedman, Mark Gertler, Eric Kennington, Jacob Kramer, Albert Rutherston and Alfred Wolmark, who were all either directly influenced by or worked alongside him. Contents: 1 Samuel Shaw 'The Ideal behind the Real': William Rothenstein, Alfred Wolmark and the representation of the Whitechapel Jew, c. 1905-08 2 Sarah MacDougall 'Apropos the Younger Generation': William Rothenstein and Mark Gertler 3 Rachel Dickson From Atonement to Public Adornment: Jacob Kramer and William Rothenstein 1911-22 4 Jonathan Black Eric Kennington and William Rothenstein and the landscape of the Western Front, 1917-19 Catalogue of 38 illustrated works with accompanying texts and extra contextual works Timeline; Exhibitions list; Select Bibliography; Artists' biographies; Index; Copyright and credits.
- Author BiographyDr Samuel Shaw is post-doctoral Associate for the Yale Center for British Art and completed his PhD on William Rothenstein; he is co-curator of Bradford's exhibition From Bradford to Benares: The Art of Sir William Rothenstein (Bradford, 2015). Sarah MacDougall is Head of Collections at Ben Uri Gallery and Museum and is the biographer and cataloguer of Mark Gertler. Rachel Dickson is Head of Curatorial Services at Ben Uri Gallery and Museum and has written and published extensively on Jacob Kramer. Dr Jonathan Black is Senior Research Fellow in the History of Art at the University of Kingston and has written and published extensively on Eric Kennington.
- Author(s)Jonathan Black,Rachel Dickson,Samuel Shaw,Sarah MacDougall
- PublisherBen Uri Gallery and Museum
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBen Uri Gallery The London Jewish Museum of Art
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1321 g
- Width251 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.