All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionNamed after Tecumseh, a famous Shawnee leader, William Tecumseh Sherman was raised by a foster family following his father's death. At military school, he was a good student but a mediocre soldier, and after graduation, he became frustrated with his chosen career. Sherman quit the military to become a partner at a bank in San Francisco and then became president of a military college in Louisiana. At the outbreak of the Civil War, he volunteered his services, eventually fighting under General Ulysses S. Grant. Made supreme commander of the armies in the West, Sherman's abilities began to shine through. Despite declaring 'War Is Hell', his March to the Sea campaign through Georgia was an integral reason for the surrender of the Confederate armies in 1865. After the Civil War, Sherman was promoted to the rank of full general of the entire U.S. Army. He published his memoirs in 1875 and retired in 1883.
- Author BiographyRachel A. Koestler-Grack has worked as an editor and writer of nonfiction books since 1999, focusing on historical topics ranging from the Middle Ages to the colonial era to the civil rights movement. She has also written numerous biographies on a variety of historical and contemporary figures. Koestler-Grack lives in the German community of New Ulm, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Rachel A. Koestler-Grack
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Notefull-colour & black-&-white photographs, bibliography, glossary, sidebars, chronology & timeline, further reading, web sites, index
- Weight454 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.