Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis title provides a comprehensive guide to studying Wordsworth at undergraduate level. William Wordsworth continues to be one of the most popular and widely studied poets from the nineteenth century. This Reader's Guide provides an overview of Wordsworth's career, which began in obscurity, persisted through ridicule, and culminated finally in popular success and acclaim. It introduces readers to the literary, philosophical, and political contexts crucial to understanding Wordsworth's poetry, offering fresh approaches for reading his most important poems in light of recent developments in literary studies while also spotlighting traditional ones. This guide explores the reasons why Wordsworth continues to be the leading figure of British Romantic literature. It is an indispensable guide to studying Wordsworth's poetry, language, contexts and criticism. Continuum Reader's Guides are clear, concise and accessible introductions to key texts in literature and philosophy. Each book explores the themes, context, criticism and influence of key works, providing a practical introduction to close reading, guiding students towards a thorough understanding of the text. They provide an essential, up-to-date resource, ideal for undergraduate students.
- Author BiographyDaniel Robinson is Professor of English at Widener University, USA. The author of numerous articles on Romantic poetry, he also is the editor of Mary Robinson's Poems (Pickering and Chatto, 2009), co-editor of Wordsworth and Coleridge's Lyrical Ballads and Related Writings (Houghton Mifflin, 2001), and co-editor of A Century of Sonnets: The Romantic-Era Revival (Oxford, 1999).
- Author(s)Daniel Robinson
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication07/10/2010
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleReader's Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight336 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.