All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionAcclaimed photographer William Yang has captured the zeitgeist like -one else. Yang has provided a very personal insight into the evolution of Mardi Gras, the spectre of AIDS, Sydney's theatrical and social scenes, and changing tions of 'belonging' in multicultural Australia. In this groundbreaking book, featuring 100 images from Yang's personal archive, Helena Grehan and Edward Scheer explore his self-portraiture across photography, performance and documentary. William Yang: Stories of love and death considers the ways in which Yang's constantly evolving art captures the enduring power of family, friendship and connection.
- Author BiographyHelena Grehan is a Professor in the School of Arts at Murdoch University. She is the author of Mapping Cultural Identity in Contemporary Australian Performance and Performance, Ethics and Spectatorship in a Global Age. Edward Scheer is a Professor in the School of Arts and Media at UNSW. He has written on art and aesthetics for the Art Gallery of New South Wales, documenta (13), the Biennale of Sydney and the Auckland Triennial.
- Author(s)Edward Scheer,Helena Grehan
- PublisherNewSouth Publishing
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- Place of PublicationSydney, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNewSouth Publishing
- Content Note110 illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.