Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionWILSON'S WAY - Win Don't Whine is the compelling story of how Donald E. Wilson beat the odds and defied all expectations, first as an outstanding doctor and world leading researcher, and then as the nation's first African American dean of a majority medical school. More than the story of one man on his way to greatness, Wilson's Way illuminates the path that any one of us - of any race or gender - can travel to achieve what seems to be the impossible, in any arena of our lives. As instructive as it is inspirational, the book is especially valuable for CEO's, deans, business leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, teachers, politicians, and anyone in a position of leadership - or who wishes to be. African American and other mirity readers will particularly find the book a motivational, real-life testimony of how to igre the relentlessly low expectations of the dominant culture, and to define and achieve one's own goals in any situation. Prepare to be enlightened, amused and challenged.
- Author BiographyBorn in Worcester, Massachusetts Wilson attended public schools before graduating from Harvard College and Tufts Medical School. He trained in internal medicine and gastroenterology in Boston, becoming internationally known for his research in prostaglandins and gastrointestinal physiology. Wilson served as chief of gastroenterology, chairman of the department of medicine and dean/vice president at three medical schools, in each instance building a legacy of excellence during his tenure. He was the first African American dean of a majority medical school in the U.S. He has received numerous honors and led many national organizations, including serving as chair of the Association of American Medical Colleges. He has received honorary degrees from the University of Maryland and Tufts. Wilson retired' in 2006, but now serves as Senior Vice President for Health Sciences at Howard University in Washington, D.C. He lives with his wife Patricia on a farm in Owings Mills, Maryland.
- Author(s)Donald E Wilson MD
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication21/05/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.