All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionThe demand for broadband connectivity is growing rapidly, but cant be met effectively by existing wireline techlogy. WiMAX has the potential to provide widespread Internet access that can usher in ecomic growth, better education and healthcare, and improved entertainment services. Examining the techlogy's global development and deployment activities, WiMAX: A Wireless Techlogy Revolution presents its unique features and evaluates its revolutionary approach over contemporary techlogies. The book covers the mission, product, and services of WiMAX, as well as specific features such as security and mobility. It discusses the implementation of the IEEE 802.16 standard and also explores how WiMax stacks up to 3G and 4G and the ecomic and opportunity costs. This reference also analyzes the future prospects of WiMAX and its contribution to the wireless and mobile communication techlogy field. It is a must-have resource for those who are either intrigued or involved with this standards-based techlogy that has the ability to provide high-throughput broadband connections over long distances.
- Author BiographyCognizant Technology, Chennai, India Multimedia University, Selangor, Malaysia
- Author(s)G. Radhamani,G. S.V. Radha K. Rao
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2007
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note67 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables
- Weight703 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.