All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionTaking a break from the serialization of his saga Clyde Fans and the design of The Complete Peanuts , critically acclaimed cartoonist and illustrator, Seth creates a farcical world of the people whose passion lies in the need to own comic books (and only in mint condition). Meet Wimbledon Green, the self-proclaimed world's greatest comic book collector who brokered the biggest comic book deal in the history of collecting. Comic book retailers, auctioneers and conventioneers from around North America, as well as Green's collecting rivals, weigh in on the man and his vast collection of comic books. Are Green's intentions hourable? Does he truly love comics or is he driven by the need to conquer? Lastly, is he really even Wimbledon Green? A charming and amusing caper where comic book collecting is a world of intrigue and high finance - part riotous chase, part whimsical character sketch, Wimbledon Green looks at the need to collect and the need to reinvent oneself.
- Author BiographySeth's comic book series, Palookaville, has been collected into It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken and Clyde Fans. He is an illustrator for The New Yorker and the designer of best-selling The Complete Peanuts.
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication26/10/2006
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width159 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.