All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the critically acclaimed cartoonist of Clyde Fans and It's A Good Life comes a humorous graphic vel on the obsession of comic-book collecting.Taking a break from the serialization of his saga Clyde Fans and the design of The Complete Peanuts, critically acclaimed cartoonist and illustrator Seth creates a farcical world of the people whose passion lies in the need to own comic books and only in pristine, mint condition.Meet Wimbledon Green, the self-proclaimed world's greatest comic-book collector who brokered the world's best comic-book deal in the history of collecting. Comic-book retailers, auctioneers, and conventioneers from around North America, as well as Green's collecting rivals, weigh in on the man and his vast collection of comic books. Are Green's intentions horable? Does he truly love comics or is he driven by the need to conquer? Lastly, is he really even Wimbledon Green?A charming and amusing caper where comic-book collecting is a world of intrigue and high finance. Part riotous chase, part whimsical character sketch, Wimbledon Green looks at the need to collect and the need to reinvent oneself.
- Author BiographySeth's comic-book series, Palookaville, has been collected into It's a Good Life and Clyde Fans. He is an illustrator for The New Yorker and the designer of the bestselling T he Complete Peanuts.
- PublisherDrawn and Quarterly
- Date of Publication13/06/2005
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDrawn and Quarterly
- Out-of-print date17/10/2009
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width160 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.12Trending at AU $73.19
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.17
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.32
- AU $11.88Trending at AU $15.37
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.