All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis detailed, intimate volume tells the story of the world's largest musical competition, Japan's All-Japan Association contest, which has over 500,000 participants. It also examines music pedagogy in Japan and explores its influence on cultural identity.
- Author BiographyDavid G. Hebert, PhD is a Professor of Music with the Grieg Academy, Bergen University College, Norway. He previously held academic positions with universities in the USA, Japan, Finland, Russia, and New Zealand, and has directed (or currently directs) music research projects on 6 continents. Widely published and cited as a scholar of global music education, he is chair of the Historical Ethnomusicology special interest group of the Society for Ethnomusicology.
- Author(s)David G. Hebert
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLandscapes: The Arts, Aesthetics and Education
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight625 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.