All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionFor long-span bridges, wind action is a dominant factor in their safety and serviceability. A large number of long-span bridges have been built in Japan over the past 30 years, and tremendous amounts of research and technical development have been accomplished in wind-resistant design. This book is a compilation of the results of active research and development. Wind-resistant design standards generated in Japan are described in the first few chapters. Then comes information such as design wind speed, structural damping, wind tunnel tests, and analyses, which provide the basis of the design standards. Wind-induced vibrations and their control of girders, towers, cables, and other features are explained with examples of field measurements. Comprehensive listings of Japanese experience in vibration control are also presented. Because achieving particularly dynamic safety against wind is still t an easy task, these data and information will be valuable assets for the wind-engineering and bridge-engineering communities.
- Author BiographyProf.Fujino is a well-known researcher of civil engineering field. He previously published 'Stock Management for Sustainable Urban Regeneration' and 'Risk Assessment, Management and Monitoring of Infrastructure Systems' from Springer.
- Author(s)Hiroshi Tanaka,Kichiro Kimura,Yozo Fujino
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Date of Publication16/04/2014
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Japan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight415 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.