All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.37
About this product
- DescriptionApril 1943. In the bloody turmoil of war, John Easley, a journalist mourning his lost brother, is driven to expose a hidden and growing conflict: the Japanese invasion and occupation of Alaska's Aleutian Islands. But when his plane is shot down he is forced to either surrender, or struggle to survive in a harsh wilderness. Three thousand miles to the south, Helen Easley cant accept her husband's disappearance-an absence that exposes her sheltered, untested life. Desperate to find and reunite with him, she sets out on a remarkable journey from the safety of her Seattle home to the war in the rth. An evocative, richly atmospheric tale of life and death, commitment and sacrifice, The Wind Is Not a River is a gripping story of survival that illuminates the fragility of life and the fierce power of love.
- Author BiographyBrian Payton has written for the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune and Boston Globe. He lives with his wife in Vancouver.
- Author(s)Brian Payton
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date11/12/2015
- Weight437 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementAirside, Irish & Open Market ed
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.