CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.19Trending at AU $24.53
About this product
- DescriptionWindflower Fugue is the story of one irrepressible and ultimately inspirational Appaloosa mare called Windflower. Named after the anemone flower, she is an indomitable spirit living at the Wildwood Ranch, six acres of wild beauty beside the sea in the Pacific Northwest. The parallel saga is of two equally intrepid souls, Helmi Seaborne and Knute Corsun, Windflower's owner-handlers and her avid admirers, and their amorous adventures. Windflower Fugue operates on two different levels which is reflected in the dual nature of the title. Echoing the fugue-like sound of the pounding surf is the sound in the background throughout the vel, lending a certain rhythmically musical quality. The other half of the title's meaning is based on a psychological phemen kwn as an hysterical fugue. Windflower experiences the equine equivalent of this rare state. Windflower, the horse, is merely a metaphor for the underlying layer running throughout the vel, illustrating that all living creatures are endowed with the same power of overcoming equally insurmountable odds. Windflower rises above unfathomable adversity in order to miraculously deliver her foal, just as Helmi discovers she, too, is going to be giving birth to her own baby and, in the end, they emerge triumphant.
- Author BiographyMartha Lee, artist and writer is a Washington state native born in Chehalis, Washington. She now lives on a small ranch in Ocean Park, WA on the Long Beach peninsula with her Appaloosa horse, Gypsy. She has worked as a reporter for the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and has completed two novels. Her poetry chapbook, To the Beach and Other Poems has been published in two editions, the first having her original artwork for its covers. An artist as well, she has painted, professionally, in oil on canvas for over thirty years. Her paintings are represented in private and public collections throughout the United States including collections in Washington D.C. Her work is available through marthaleestudio.com. A biographical profile of her has been selected for inclusion in the 68th Edition of Marquis' Who's Who in America, 2014.
- Author(s)Martha Lee
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.