All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionWindows 8 In Depth Do more in less time! Experienced with Windows? Don't let Windows 8 make you feel like a beginner again! This book is packed with intensely useful Windows 8 kwledge you won't find anywhere else. Full of new tips and shortcuts, it's the fastest, best way to master Windows 8's full power, get comfortable with its radically different interface, and leverage its new tools for everything from business to video, security to social networking! * Take a quick guided tour of everything that's new in Windows 8 * Survive without the Start menu * Navigate the new Windows 8 interface (and customize it to make yourself more comfortable) * Learn hidden shortcuts you'd never find on your own * Quickly locate and use files, media, apps, websites, and management tools * Set up your Web connection, and discover Internet Explorer 10's latest improvements * Get comfortable with Windows 8's built-in apps, from Calendar and Finance to Weather and Windows Store * Save time by monitoring Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn through one unified app * Make the most of Windows 8's supercharged media and imaging tools * Profit from Windows 8's built-in support for business presentations * Maximize the performance and efficiency of hardware, storage, and software * Protect yourself from viruses, spyware, data theft, fraud, spam, hackers, and sops * Use SkyDrive to access your data from anywhere-and use Remote Desktop to access your computer, too * Get even more power with Windows 8's command-line interface * Use Hyper-V to run other operating systems alongside Windows 8 * Troubleshoot the most common Windows 8 problems-and the toughest ones In Depth offers: * Comprehensive coverage, with detailed solutions * Breakthrough techniques and shortcuts that are unavailable elsewhere * Practical, real-world examples with thing glossed over or left out * Troubleshooting help for tough problems you can't fix on your own * Outstanding authors recognized worldwide for their expertise and teaching style * Quick information via sidebars, tips, reminders, tes, and warnings In Depth is the only tool you need to get more done in less time! CATEGORY: Windows Operating System COVERS: Microsoft(R) Windows 8
- Author BiographyBrian Knittel is a software developer, consultant, and writer. He has authored or coauthored many of Que's best-selling Windows books, including Que's leading Windows books, Special Edition Using Microsoft Windowsand Windows 7 In Depth. Brian is also the author of Windows XP Under the Hood and Windows 7 and Vista Guide to Scripting, Automation, and Command Line Tools. In addition, Brian coauthored Upgrading and Repairing Microsoft Windows with Scott Mueller. Paul McFedries is the author of more than 75 computer books that have sold more than 4 million copies worldwide. His recent titles include the Sams Publishing books Microsoft Windows 7 Unleashed and Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011 Unleashed as well as the Que Publishing books Tweak It and Freak It: A Killer Guide to Making Windows Run Your Way, Formulas and Function: Microsoft Excel 2010, and Build It. Fix It. Own It: A Beginner's Guide to Building and Upgrading a PC. Paul is also the proprietor of Word Spy (www.wordspy.com), a website devoted to tracking new words and phrases as they enter the English language.
- Author(s)Brian Knittel,Paul McFedries
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1660 g
- Width180 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine54 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.