All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarlan Carvey brings readers an advanced book on Windows Registry. The first book of its kind ever - Windows Registry Forensics provides the background of the Registry to help develop an understanding of the binary structure of Registry hive files. Approaches to live response and analysis are included, and tools and techniques for postmortem analysis are discussed at length. Tools and techniques will be presented that take the analyst beyond the current use of viewers and into real analysis of data contained in the Registry. It is named a 2011 Best Digital Forensics Book by InfoSec Reviews. It is packed with real-world examples using freely available open source tools. It covers deep explanation and understanding of the Windows Registry - the most difficult part of Windows to analyze forensically. It includes a CD containing code and author-created tools discussed in the book.
- Author BiographyHarlan Carvey is a senior information security researcher with the Dell SecureWorks Counter Threat Unit - Special Ops (CTU-SO) team, where his efforts are focused on targeted threat hunting, response, and research. He continues to maintain a passion and focus in analyzing Windows systems, and in particular, the Windows Registry. Harlan is an accomplished author, public speaker, and open source tool author. He dabbles in other activities, including home brewing and horseback riding. As a result, he has become quite adept at backing up and parking a horse trailer. Harlan earned a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from the Virginia Military Institute, and a master's degree in the same discipline from the Naval Postgraduate School. He served in the United States Marine Corps, achieving the rank of captain before departing the service. He resides in Northern Virginia with his family.
- Author(s)Harlan Carvey
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication07/03/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Out-of-print date04/08/2016
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight476 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.