All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver wish you could hire a Windows XP expert? You just did. If you use Windows XP at home or in a small business, you don't have the luxury of calling IT whenever you need help. But w, you can call on a Microsoft MVP and a team of highly qualified experts. They cover everything you might need to kw about Windows XP - configuration, file management, digital media, Internet options, security, network set-up, and more. No complex theory here, just straightforward information about how to do what you want to do, with plenty of helpful tips and sidebars to make it even easier. Set up your desktop and menus for maximum convenience. Install and manage additional hardware and software. Work with your folders and files. Create and manage dial-up and broadband Internet connections. Configure and customize Internet Explorer and Outlook Express. Build and manage wired or wireless networks. Learn to use all the digital media applications. Secure your system, translate error messages, and recover from a crash.
- Author BiographyJohn Barnett has been a Microsoft MVP since 2000, specializing in XP help and support. He is a frequent contributor to the Windows XP Trial and Windows Expertzone newsgroups, and runs his own XP help and support site at http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org. For several years he has been a software tester for Microsoft and other software manufacturers such as Zone Labs, Future Systems Solutions, Inc. and McAfee. Curt Simmons (B.A., M.Ed, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, CTT, former MVP for Windows Server-Directory Services) is a technology author and trainer specializing in Microsoft products. He is the author of more than fifty computing books on various technologies. Alan Simpson is a popular and best-selling technology author who has been writing about Windows since the days of Windows 95. He is particularly knowledgable in Windows XP configuration and multimedia. David Dalan (MCP, MCSE) is a network engineer, Internet Service Provider manager, and Windows instructor. He brings an unusually high level of expertise to the areas of networking with Windows XP and Windows XP scripting.
- Author(s)Curt Simmons
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/09/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Out-of-print date13/04/2010
- Content Noteill
- Weight1133 g
- Width190 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.